Don’t let wet weather put a stop to your holiday fun. While grey skies can be a dampener for some, we’re here to remind you that there’s more to holidays than sunny skies and heatwaves.
In fact, cuddling up with rug and staying indoors can provide the most peaceful and rejuvenating holiday you’ve had in a long time. Keep these ideas handy for your colder, wetter travelling days:
- Stroll through an art gallery. Today’s galleries are exciting, thought-provoking spaces which often feature children’s activities. Start your search of NSW galleries here.
- Ask Ingenia Holidays staff about nearby indoor attractions – you could be just a short distance from a cheese factory, chocolate shops, wineries, maritime museums and more!
- Explore a main street in smaller regional towns. Discover friendly cafes and indoor shopping centres, collecting souvenirs and mementos before you travel home.
- Book a spa or beauty treatment, taking the time to be pampered by professionals before you head to the beaches again.
- Spend some time cooking with your family or travelling companion. It’s the ideal chance to do some baking and prepare lunches for picnics and your next day trip, when the sunshine has emerged again. Younger children will enjoy the chance to be close to you and learn some cooking skills – with plenty of tasting along the way.
- Snuggle up and watch a movie – either at a local cinema, or perhaps in your own caravan or cabin.
- Pull on your boots and scarf and go for a bracing walk. If you have children with you, they’ll love a chance to play in puddles and enjoy some silly holiday time! You might capture some beautiful photographs of autumn leaves, green hills and picturesque vineyards.
- Relax indoors with a great book, jigsaw puzzle or board game. Sometimes wet weather is the best way to bring the family together for quality holiday time.
At Ingenia Holiday Parks, we offer facilities to help you continue to soak up that holiday feel, no matter the weather.